Can I just tell you how much I love food. Especially around the holidays! Growing up my mom always made sure that every holiday was special. That usually meant that we got to eat something DELICIOUS! Well, Halloween was NO exception!
Our special meal that we would have every Halloween was called Dinner-in-a-Pumpkin! It is sooo yummy! I'm sure some of you have had it, but for those that haven't you don't want to miss out! So make this a fun Halloween tradition and EAT UP!!
1 medium pumpkin (make sure it will fit in your oven)
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cups cooked rice
1 8 oz can water
1. Cut off the top of pumpkin and clean out seeds and pulp.
2. Paint a face on front of pumpkin with permanent marker, if desired. Preheat oven to 350.
3. In large skillet saute onions in oil until tender. Add meat and brown. Drain.
4. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms and soup. Simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
5. Add cooked rice and water chestnuts.
6. Spoon mixture into pumpkin. Put the lid on the pumpkin. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the inside meat of pumpkin is tender.