I am going through a phase with my middle daughter. She is becoming more and more picky. What I have learned through this frustration at dinner time is that she will be more likely to eat something if it is presented in a fun and new way. Even IF it is the same meal she had a few weeks before. So when I found this recipe I thought SCORE! And what kid doesn't LOVE Sloppy Joes right?? WIN WIN!
So this is what we are going to do for dinner one night this week! Let me know how you like it! And remember--it's all in the presentation!
Baked Sloppy Joe Cups
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey (if you want to be a little healthier)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce (Or whatever you like)
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) refrigerated Texas-style buttermilk biscuits
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
|Serving Size||5 servings (2 filled biscuits each)|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; cook beef and onion 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add Sloppy Joe sauce; cook 1 minute more or until hot.
- Meanwhile, press 1 biscuit into bottom and up sides of each medium muffin cup, being careful not to tear dough. Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in each cup. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top of each cup. Let stand 1 minute or until cheese softens. Carefully remove from pan.
Save any remaining Sloppy Joe meat mixture and place on a bun to make a Sloppy Joe sandwich or eat with crackers for a snack.
Until next time~