I am all about quick, convenient and yummy tasting. And as a mom with 3 kids and running a business I kind of have to be. Here is a quick and easy way to have the perfect topping for your ice cream or something sweet when you are wanting to pick something a little more healthy. This is so good even your kids will love it!
This recipe was found from Salad in a Jar website.
APPLES IN A BAG
Apples in a Bag
Author: Paula Rhodes
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
- 1 small apple (Golden Delicious or Granny Smith are my favorite)
- 1 packet of sweetener (Splenda is my favorite), or a spoonful of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Small handful of raisins, optional
- Peel or don’t peel apple, core and slice or dice. Place in freezer-quality plastic zippered bag along with remaining ingredients. Seal bag and shake well to mix ingredients.
- Reopen bag just a touch to vent. Microwave on High for 2 minutes– longer if you use a big apple.
- Carefully (it will be HOT and steamy) open bag and pour over plain or cinnamon-sugar pita chips, flour tortilla chips, oatmeal or ice cream.
(Nutritionals based on no raisins, unpeeled apples and artificial sweetener)