Whenever I think of crock pot, I always think of dinner. But you can also do breakfast! This monkey bread in the crock pot is the perfect way to start your day! Yum!!
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
4 7.5 oz cans refrigerated biscuits (I get the inexpensive Pillsbury ones)
1 1/2 cups apples (optional)
1/2 cup butter melted
1/3 cup apple juice
1 tsp vanilla
1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Mix together white and brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons on the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Cut biscuits into quarters (I use scissors) and coat with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. (At our house we put the biscuits in a plastic bag and my kids shake until their heart’s content!)
5. Add biscuits to slow cooker, pouring any extra sugar on top.
6. Mix together butter, vanilla and apple juice, and pour over biscuits in slow cooker.
7. Cook on low 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Let cool for fifteen minutes. Then turn over onto platter. (I was worried it wouldn't turn over, but they popped right out!)
8. Cool for a few more minutes, then serve. Enjoy!